Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Munich

Max and I went to see Munich this afternoon. He was in the 9th or 10th grade then and going to school in Anchorage. I was all of 13 and just started my freshmen year at Mt. Edgecumbe. However, we both remember the fear and controversy surrounding the Munich Olympics and the senselessness of the killings. It parallels 911. After 30 years, not much has changed in that arena.

Without giving away too much of the movie I will say that Spielberg did an excellent job portraying the morals of man and the morals of government. It is strange to think that people make up a country, and that individuals embody a country. Do we honor the country?...Or the morals of a group of men? Eh. Too much thinking for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home